Located about 12 miles south of Owensboro on the Owensboro and Calhoun Road, and on both sides of Wolf Creek. In 1875 the town included two dry good houses, one blacksmith shop and two grocery houses. The Templars were building a large hall and planned to have it done in four years. They were meeting every night and twice on Sunday night at Mr. Goodwin’s grocery. Citizens were organizing a company to work a recently discovered soapstone mine. They felt they had great mineral wealth with this discovery.