Scythia is located at the junction of KY 1389 and Scythia Road in the northeastern part of Daviess County. Its location, approximately one-half mile from Blackford Creek, gave the early residents of the neighborhood easy access to transportation via the creek to the Ohio River.
Like many other county villages, Scythia, by the late nineteenth century, boasted a small handful of businesses including churches, and in 1892 a post office, located in Winkler’s Store, was established. It operated until September 1906 when it was closed with the onset of rural free mail delivery in the area.
In 2015 little remains to indicate that once there was a thriving community other than “Scythia Road” on a road sign, a long abandoned store building, and a cemetery.