Post office established with William H. Sheffer as post master and his assistant was Capt. James H. Cox. The post office operated at Lancaster’s store. The establishment of a post office completed the organization of Herrwood, a new city right on Owensboro’s border.
Nov 19 1896
Still exists and flourishes despite the hard times and the defeat of the Democratic party. New street opened from Main just below the end of the street car line to Fifth St.