Ensor, Kentucky

From History of Owensboro
Jump to navigation Jump to search
1886 Directory Listing for Ensor

Feb. 25, 1886-A post office called Ensor has been established at Ed. W. Jesse’s new store, 8 miles from the city on the Hardinsburg Road. Mr. Jesse will be the post master.

Feb. 10, 1890-Ensor is 8 miles east of Owensboro on the Hardinsburg Road. It has a grocery owned by Mr. Ed Hawes Jesse. The post office is in the store. B.B. Burton has a drug store there. Blacksmith shop, good school, large flouring mill to go up soon.

In 1886 the local physician was C.J. Lockhardt.

Reference to article by Shelia Heflin