The Nov. 12, 1885 Tri-Weekly Messenger reported that a new town was being established on Leitchfield Road 4 miles from Owensboro in Jim Cruse’s neighborhood. Frank Stone built a storehouse and an application for a post office was made for the town of Cruse.
Jan. 12, 1886- Frank Stone has been appointed post master at the new post office established at the fork of the Leitchfield and Miller’s Mill Road. Directory: 1886;
Reference to article by Shelia Helfin