Over the years, there have been quite a few settlements formed in various spots around the county. Most of these settlements had the necessities such as grist and saw mills, schools, churches, and stores. Some developed along rivers and creeks, some at steamboat landings, and by the 1880's, along railroads. Some of the towns grew, some vanished. Below is a list of most of the towns sorted by the precinct they were in. Scroll to the bottom to view the towns in alphabetical order.
Sorted by Precincts
- Andersonville - See also: Red Hill
- Brown's Valley - AKA: Crow Station
- Green Brier
- Livia - AKA: Riley's Station
- Maxwell - AKA: Newville
- Pleasant Ridge
- Red Hill - See also: Andersonville
- Utica - AKA: Lewis Station
Other Small Communities
- Blue Ruin
- Possum Trot
- Rose Hill - Area at Thruston Dermont and Pleasant Valley Roads
- Scythia - Along Hwy 1389
- Spice Knob - Area at Graves Ln and Hwy 1389
- St. Raphael
- Whalen - AKA: Short Station
- Wolf Hill
Pages in category "Towns"
The following 60 pages are in this category, out of 60 total.