Daviess County High School
More actions
Daviess County High School was originally known as "Owensboro Daviess High School" for the first 11 years. The first graduating class in 1915, was a class of one, Sarah Lee Coons.
School Locations
First Location
1914-1919: The third floor of the old post office and custom house on the SE corner of 3rd and Allen. This building was later used as The Messenger-Inquirer building until it was demolished in 1968.
Second Location
1919-1926: The Armory building on the corner of 3rd and Cedar. The building was later used by Velvet Milk Company and demolished in 1991.
Third Location
1926-1958: The Richard Monarch House on E. 4th, now the location of Daviess County Middle School. This location was also temporarily used as the Columbia College.
Fourth Location
1958-Current: The current location is at 4255 New Hartford Rd.