Daviess County High School: Difference between revisions
More actions
No edit summary |
|||
| Line 4: | Line 4: | ||
===First Location=== | ===First Location=== | ||
''1914-1919:'' The third floor of the old post office and custom house on the SE corner of 3rd and Allen. This building was later used as [[The Messenger-Inquirer]] building until it was demolished in 1968. | ''1914-1919:'' The third floor of the old post office and custom house on the SE corner of 3rd and Allen. This building was later used as [[The Messenger-Inquirer]] building until it was demolished in 1968. | ||
[[File:DCHS - Messenger Building Top Floor.jpg|thumb|left]] | |||
===Second Location=== | ===Second Location=== | ||
Revision as of 23:40, 8 April 2021
Daviess County High School was originally known as "Owensboro Daviess High School" for the first 11 years. The first graduating class in 1915, was a class of one, Sarah Lee Coons.
School Locations
First Location
1914-1919: The third floor of the old post office and custom house on the SE corner of 3rd and Allen. This building was later used as The Messenger-Inquirer building until it was demolished in 1968.

Second Location
1919-1926: The Armory building on the corner of 3rd and Cedar. The building was later used by Velvet Milk Company and demolished in 1991.
Third Location
1926-1958: The Richard Monarch House on E. 4th, now the location of Daviess County Middle School. This location was also temporarily used as the Columbia College.
Fourth Location
1958-Current: The current location is at 4255 New Hartford Rd.