Daviess County High School: Difference between revisions
More actions
No edit summary |
No edit summary |
||
| (3 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown) | |||
| Line 13: | Line 13: | ||
===Fourth Location=== | ===Fourth Location=== | ||
''1958-Current:'' The current location is at 4255 New Hartford Rd. | ''1958-Current:'' The current location is at 4255 New Hartford Rd. | ||
<gallery> | |||
DCHS - Messenger Building Top Floor.jpg|DCHS 1st Location - Federal Building | |||
DCHS - Armory Location.jpg|DCHS 2nd Location - Armory | |||
DCHS - Monarch House.jpg|DCHS 3rd Location - Monarch House | |||
DCHS Aerial - by AP Imagery.jpg|DCHS 4th Location | |||
</gallery> | |||
[[Category:Schools]] | |||
Latest revision as of 17:08, 16 August 2023
Daviess County High School was originally known as "Owensboro Daviess High School" for the first 11 years. The first graduating class in 1915, was a class of one, Sarah Lee Coons.
School Locations
First Location
1914-1919: The third floor of the old post office and custom house on the SE corner of 3rd and Allen. This building was later used as The Messenger-Inquirer building until it was demolished in 1968.
Second Location
1919-1926: The Armory building on the corner of 3rd and Cedar. The building was later used by Velvet Milk Company and demolished in 1991.
Third Location
1926-1958: The Richard Monarch House on E. 4th, now the location of Daviess County Middle School. This location was also temporarily used as the Columbia College.
Fourth Location
1958-Current: The current location is at 4255 New Hartford Rd.
-
DCHS 1st Location - Federal Building
-
DCHS 2nd Location - Armory
-
DCHS 3rd Location - Monarch House
-
DCHS 4th Location