<?xml version="1.0"?>
<feed xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom" xml:lang="en">
	<id>http://wiki.historyofowensboro.com/index.php?action=history&amp;feed=atom&amp;title=Old_Hickory_Bar-B-Que</id>
	<title>Old Hickory Bar-B-Que - Revision history</title>
	<link rel="self" type="application/atom+xml" href="http://wiki.historyofowensboro.com/index.php?action=history&amp;feed=atom&amp;title=Old_Hickory_Bar-B-Que"/>
	<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="http://wiki.historyofowensboro.com/index.php?title=Old_Hickory_Bar-B-Que&amp;action=history"/>
	<updated>2026-08-23T05:12:46Z</updated>
	<subtitle>Revision history for this page on the wiki</subtitle>
	<generator>MediaWiki 1.46.0</generator>
	<entry>
		<id>http://wiki.historyofowensboro.com/index.php?title=Old_Hickory_Bar-B-Que&amp;diff=615&amp;oldid=prev</id>
		<title>Adam: Adam moved page Old Hickory BBQ to Old Hickory Bar-B-Que</title>
		<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="http://wiki.historyofowensboro.com/index.php?title=Old_Hickory_Bar-B-Que&amp;diff=615&amp;oldid=prev"/>
		<updated>2016-10-02T14:08:26Z</updated>

		<summary type="html">&lt;p&gt;Adam moved page &lt;a href=&quot;/index.php/Old_Hickory_BBQ&quot; class=&quot;mw-redirect&quot; title=&quot;Old Hickory BBQ&quot;&gt;Old Hickory BBQ&lt;/a&gt; to &lt;a href=&quot;/index.php/Old_Hickory_Bar-B-Que&quot; title=&quot;Old Hickory Bar-B-Que&quot;&gt;Old Hickory Bar-B-Que&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;table style=&quot;background-color: #fff; color: #202122;&quot; data-mw-interface=&quot;&quot;&gt;
				&lt;tr class=&quot;diff-title&quot; lang=&quot;en&quot;&gt;
				&lt;td colspan=&quot;1&quot; style=&quot;background-color: #fff; color: #202122; text-align: center;&quot;&gt;← Older revision&lt;/td&gt;
				&lt;td colspan=&quot;1&quot; style=&quot;background-color: #fff; color: #202122; text-align: center;&quot;&gt;Revision as of 14:08, 2 October 2016&lt;/td&gt;
				&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;tr&gt;&lt;td colspan=&quot;2&quot; class=&quot;diff-notice&quot; lang=&quot;en&quot;&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;mw-diff-empty&quot;&gt;(No difference)&lt;/div&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;</summary>
		<author><name>Adam</name></author>
	</entry>
	<entry>
		<id>http://wiki.historyofowensboro.com/index.php?title=Old_Hickory_Bar-B-Que&amp;diff=607&amp;oldid=prev</id>
		<title>Adam: Created page with &quot;==Early History== In 1918, Old Hickory Bar-B-Que evolved from Charles “Pappy” Foreman’s blacksmith shop on the corner of 25th Street and Frederica Street in Owensboro, K...&quot;</title>
		<link rel="alternate" type="text/html" href="http://wiki.historyofowensboro.com/index.php?title=Old_Hickory_Bar-B-Que&amp;diff=607&amp;oldid=prev"/>
		<updated>2016-10-02T13:42:03Z</updated>

		<summary type="html">&lt;p&gt;Created page with &amp;quot;==Early History== In 1918, Old Hickory Bar-B-Que evolved from Charles “Pappy” Foreman’s blacksmith shop on the corner of 25th Street and Frederica Street in Owensboro, K...&amp;quot;&lt;/p&gt;
&lt;p&gt;&lt;b&gt;New page&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;div&gt;==Early History==&lt;br /&gt;
In 1918, Old Hickory Bar-B-Que evolved from Charles&lt;br /&gt;
“Pappy” Foreman’s blacksmith shop on the corner of 25th&lt;br /&gt;
Street and Frederica Street in Owensboro, Kentucky. At that time&lt;br /&gt;
this location was on the edge of town and was the end of the line&lt;br /&gt;
destination for a Sunday afternoon drive.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
“Pappy” Foreman started cooking at this location for church&lt;br /&gt;
picnics. Being a blacksmith, it must have been relatively easy&lt;br /&gt;
to build a “pit” for barbecuing. The front of the shop became a&lt;br /&gt;
waiting area for his customers, with a picnic table in the pit room.&lt;br /&gt;
He decided to cook, sell, and serve his barbecue as a service to&lt;br /&gt;
his customers.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The business survived the Great Depression of the 1930’s.&lt;br /&gt;
Before “Pappy” died in 1941, his son, Landrum Foreman worked&lt;br /&gt;
with him in the restaurant. The restaurant closed during WWII and&lt;br /&gt;
did not reopen until 1953, by Landrum’s son, Harl Foreman Sr.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
==Second Building==&lt;br /&gt;
In 1960, it was decided that Frederica Street needed to be&lt;br /&gt;
widened and the original location was torn down. A new building&lt;br /&gt;
was built several yards away on Washington Avenue with 28&lt;br /&gt;
seats and carry out.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Harl Foreman, Jr. assumed part ownership, taking over management&lt;br /&gt;
in 1979. One of the 3 employees, Jeff Moss, a high&lt;br /&gt;
school student at the time, is still on staff as a manager.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
==Third Building==&lt;br /&gt;
The business grew steadily and in 1982 an adjacent building&lt;br /&gt;
was rented and the seating increased from 28 to 54 seats. In&lt;br /&gt;
1986, after 60 years of growth, a new building was built across&lt;br /&gt;
the street on Washington Avenue.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
{{2015}}&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
[[Category:Restaurants]]&lt;/div&gt;</summary>
		<author><name>Adam</name></author>
	</entry>
</feed>