April 14, 1885–The town on the Calhoun Road, 6 miles from the city, has been named Thompsonville, and an effort will be made to have a post office established there. People are determined to build a town so they won’t have to come to Owensboro over the gravel road for their supplies. The 1886 directory lists two groceries owned by J.B. Thompson and Marion Humphrey. Humphrey also sold liquors.
The Post Office for this town was Owensboro.