Green Brier, Kentucky
The community of Green Brier was not really a ‘community’ at all. It was a general area that was spread out over a distance in southeastern Daviess County. One of the oldest structures in the area was Green Brier Baptist Church. Green Brier Baptist Church was founded on October 29th, 1820 with twenty-five founding members. The first pastor was the well-known Baptist preacher and early pioneer, Thomas Downs. By the 1840's regular services were being held at the church. There was a one room school house named Locust Grove School by the intersection of Locust Grove and Greenbriar Roads. Around the mid-1900's the area had a general store that was ran by Mr. Hayden Smith around where Red Hill-Maxwell Road and Greenbriar Road meet.