Ash Valley, Kentucky
Feb. 22, 1878- The Owensboro Examiner reported the thickly settled community was located 3 miles west of Owensboro. It contains some of the finest farming land in the county (mainly corn & tobacco).
School is conducted from 5-8 months by Miss Annie Brown. Elder D. E. Yeiser is the pastor of the community’s Baptist church. The church met in the Ash Valley School. It was formally organized as the Ash Valley Baptist Church on Nov. 5, 1876, with 30 members.